This bacon bouquet is anything but cliché! It’s the perfect gift to show them you care and that you understand their love of bacon. But you don’t have to just give this bouquet to your sweetheart; bring it to a party or a housewarming! Even though they may look like flowers, they are so much better (and tastier).
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 1 Dozen Roses
12 thick cut bacon slices
12 wooden skewers
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Arrange a wire rack on top of a baking sheet.
3. Roll each bacon slice into pinwheels and secure the bottom with two toothpicks in an “X” to act as a stand on the wire rack. Continue with remaining bacon.
4. Arrange the bacon roses toothpick-side down on the wire rack. Transfer to oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Remember bacon will continue to crisp when removed from the oven.
5. Transfer onto paper towel to drain. Carefully remove and discard toothpicks. Slide each bacon rose onto a skewer.