Tacos are a popular weeknight dinner option because they’re so dang delicious—and also super quick and easy to throw together. However if you’re tired of Taco Tuesdays but still want something with a Mexican flare, try creating your own burrito bar at home!
Whether you’re planning a party or just dinner for your family, this fun and creative meal idea will please kids and adults alike.
Choose what you’re going to serve at the bar.
- Corn tortillas
- Flour (white, whole wheat or gluten-free) tortillas
- Nachos (toppings can be layered on top)
- Collard green or iceberg lettuce
- White or brown rice
Meat or protein:
- Ground beef
- Halibut (or another type of light fish)
- Sweet Potato (vegetarian option)
- Sweet or green peppers
- Black olives
- Red/green onions
- Cheese (cheddar)
- Hot sauce
- Sour Cream
- Queso (cheese sauce)
Then use the following layout and order for your burrito bar.
*If you want to grill the burritos, have someone working the BBQ or if you want to keep the party inside, use a Panini press or electric grill.
*For parties, you can always have several options for wraps, meats/proteins or toppings for people to choose from.
If you feel like making one particular kind of burrito, check out these flavour-packed recipes:
- Bacon Lentil Burrito
- Chipotle Chuck Steak Burrito with Habanero Hot Sauce and Guacamole
- Chicken and Bean Burritos
- “Off Da Hook” Rib Eye Steak Burrito
- Hole Mole Burrito
- Same Houston Burrito
- Wet Prawn Burrito