The broiler is a great alternative to grilling when it comes to everyone’s favourite fish; salmon. The high heat creates a crispy skin with a perfectly moist interior and in this particular dish, salmon is brushed lightly with olive oil, salt and pepper, and served with a flavourful edamame and feta salad, making it a tasty and nutritious dish perfect for a light summer meal.
Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
Extra virgin olive oil
2-6 ounce fillets of salmon
1 radish, thinly sliced
2 cups micro greens
½ cup shelled edamame, cooked
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
1 Tbsp fresh dill
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat broiler to high with a rack 6-inches from the broiler.
2. Line a baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper and brush with olive oil.
3. Arrange salmon skin-side down, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Broil salmon for 6 minutes until cooked to medium.
1. Divide micro greens between two plates and top with radish, edamame, feta and fresh dill.
2. Drizzle with a little lemon juice and olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place cooked salmon on top of salad and serve with a wedge of lemon.
Amanda Riva is the host of The Hot Plate, a free online cooking show dedicated to inspiring culinary confidence in new cooks. The Hot Plate also offers regular cooking tips and advice, how-tos, and information on seasonal ingredients. Amanda Riva is part of the Blog Network family.