This easy vegan spinach pesto recipe is perfect if fresh basil is out of season, above your budget or difficult to find. Pair it with traditional noodles or enjoy with fresh zucchini noodles for a healthy alternative.
*A food processor is required for this recipe.
1 1/2 cups fresh spinach (firmly packed)
1/2 cup walnuts
1/8 cup olive oil
2 1/4 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 clove garlic (optional)
2 medium zucchinis
1. Add spinach, garlic, lemon juice and salt to your food processor. Process until spinach is completely processed and garlic is reduced (about 45 seconds).
2. Add remaining ingredients (walnuts and olive oil) to the food processor mixture. Process again until walnuts are fine, resembling pesto.
3. To make your noodles, peel your zucchini (remove outer green peel).
4. Use a clean vegetable peeler (or a vegetable spiralizer if you have one) to slice zucchini into “noodles.”
5. Place noodles and sauce into a large bowl and gently stir using two spoons until well combined.
6. Enjoy immediately.
– Spinach pesto keeps extremely well in the fridge for up to 4 days. If making in advance, store sauce in fridge. Then make fresh zucchini noodles at the last minute and assemble.
Laura-Jane The Rawtarian is a leading creator of simple, satisfying raw vegan recipes.