Most of us know by now how important fibre is to feeling great and keeping healthy. But, it seems that many of us just aren’t getting enough. Do you know why it’s good for us? Here’s the scoop:
Fibre helps lower cholesterol, and regulate blood sugar levels and promote satiety. Did you know that natural wheat bran fibre – the #1 source of fibre in All-Bran* cereal – is the best fibre to keep things moving in natural rhythm†? Acting as your digestive system’s cleaner – it travels along and helps speed up the movement of food while it sweeps away undigested bits. So it’ll help you feel good inside!
By adding All-Bran* cereal to your daily routine it’s super easy to increase the fibre in your diet (just don’t forget to drink plenty of fluids!).
A bowl of All-Bran* cereal teamed with a glass of milk and a piece of fruit is a great way to start your day, but there are many other ways to easily add more natural wheat bran fibre to your meals:
• All-Bran*cereal is a great baking ingredient – like in these delicious Cranberry Apple Bran muffins
• Layer All-Bran Buds*cereal with yogurt and berries for a nutritious breakfast
• Sprinkle All-Bran Buds*cereal on top of salad or soup for extra crunch
• Blend All-Bran* cereal into smoothies for an extra wheat bran fibre boost
• Try replacing the breadcrumbs in your favourite meatloaf or meatball recipe with All-Bran* cereal blended into crumbs
• Crushed All-Bran* cereal makes an excellent topping for casseroles and a crispy coating for fried or baked meats and fish
• Add All-Bran Buds* cereal to a granola recipe and to the oatmeal topping of a yummy fruit cobbler
• All-Bran* cereal can be blended with almonds or pecans for a delicious cheesecake crust
• Toss All-Bran Buds* cereal with a few drops of olive oil, a sprinkling of garlic powder, Italian seasoning and sea salt for fast and healthy ‘croutons’
• Add All-Bran* cereal to almost anything you bake: cookies, muffins, bars and squares, quick breads and crumbles
• A sprinkling of All-Bran Buds*cereal over yogurt and fruit with a touch of honey or maple syrup is a tasty and virtuous morning treat or dessert
• Crushed All-Bran* cereal can be added to waffle and pancake batter, or leave it whole to add a crunchy texture
†Wheat Bran Fibre is the best fibre to promote regularity.1.2. 1. Health Canada. Guideline for Planning and Statistical Review of Clinical Laxation Studies for Dietary Fibre. Health Canada, Ottawa, ON, 1994. 2. Institute of Medicine of the National Academies of Sciences. Dietary Reference Intakes for Energy, Carbohydrate, Fiber, Fat, Fatty Acids, Cholesterol, Protein and Amino Acids. The National Academies Press, Washington, DC, 2002/2005.
*© 2012, Trademark of Kellogg Company used under licence by Kellogg Canada Inc.