These satisfying yet healthy fruit crumble bowls with delicious buttery flavour make the perfect sweet dessert. With only five ingredients — coconut, dates, walnuts, sea salt and your fruit of choice (raspberries) — this crumble is good for you, quick to make and very versatile. A food processor is required for this recipe. If not eating right away, store fruit and crumble separately. Feel free to double the batch and store the crumble and fruit separately.
Total Time: 6 minutes
Makes: 2 large servings or 3 medium servings
1 cup walnuts
1 cup dates
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded dried coconut
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
1. Place washed and dried raspberries in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. Briefly process coconut, walnuts, and salt until walnuts are reduced in size.
3. Add dates and continue to process until mixture resembles a coarse meal that still looks fluffy. Do not over-process. (You may still see small dark chunks of dates, but that’s okay.)
4. Dump processed mixture on top of berries. Stir gently with a wooden spoon until raspberries are well-coated in processed mixture.
5. Spoon into two or three bowls. Enjoy immediately.
Laura-Jane The Rawtarian is a leading creator of simple, satisfying raw vegan recipes.