1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
¼ cup unsalted butter
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 cups no-salt-added chicken broth
½ tsp kosher salt
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
1 (250g/2 cup) package cooked and shredded chicken
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Whisk egg with 2 tsp water. Set aside.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Set aside. Unroll puff pastry and cut out shapes of various sizes. Transfer pastry to prepared baking sheet.
3. Lightly brush pastry with egg wash.
4. Bake in centre of oven until pastry is golden, about 10 minutes.
5. Heat a medium pot over medium-high. Melt butter, and then add flour. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Slowly whisk in broth until smooth. Let boil 2 minutes. Season with salt.
7. Stir in vegetables.
8. Stir in chicken. Cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes.
9. Transfer stew into individual bowls or ramekins. Top with puff pastry.
Source and Credits
Courtesy of Food Network Canada