Almond 'Berried' Treasure
- serves 8
Flaky rolls filled with sweet almond paste then topped with nuts and berries.
2 cups Betty Crocker™ Whipped vanilla frosting
⅓ tsp almond extract
1 can (5 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated flaky rolls
¾ cup light brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
5 Tbsp butter, melted
2 Tbsp almond paste
Fresh strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries
1 cup assorted roasted nuts i.e. Brazils, Pecans, Almonds, Cashews, Filberts, chopped and toasted
1. Combine whipped frosting with almond extract.
2. Separate flaky dinner roll dough into 8 pieces.
3. In a small bowl, mix together 3/4 cup light brown sugar and 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon. Dip each dinner roll into the 5 tablespoons melted butter, then coat each roll in brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. Arrange dinner rolls in a single layer on a baking sheet.
4. Bake for 20 minutes at 325ºF, until golden brown and centre is no longer doughy.
5. Cut a ring out of centre of top of each flaky dinner roll. Put halves together and scoop almond paste into well of flaky roll and top with frosting, berries, 2 Tbsp toasted nuts and a dusting of icing sugar. Dessert is served!
6. Note: You can use any combination of your favourite berries or fresh seasonal fruit.
Recipe by Anita Archibald