Anna Olson's Chocolate Truffles
- serves 60
Impress anyone with these easy-to-make truffles and watch them disappear off the plate!
Makes about 60 truffles
2 cup whipping cream
16 oz bittersweet chocolate, choppedPistachio Brandy Truffles
chopped pistachios for garnishOrange Truffles
candied orange peel for garnishWhite & Dark Truffles
white chocolate, melted
dark chocolate, melted
1. For the ganache, heat the cream until it just begins to simmer and then pour this over the 16 ounces of chopped chocolate. Let this sit a minute, then gently stir with a spatula starting at the centre and widening the circles until the chocolate has fully melted and the ganache is smooth. Divide the ganache into smaller bowls, and stir in desired flavourings (as below), then chill completely before shaping into truffles.
2. To make truffles, use a small ice cream scoop or a teaspoon to spoon out about ½-ounce of the ganache and shape into a ball by rolling between your palms. Place the truffles on a parchment-lined baking tray and chill until ready to roll or dip.
3. Roll the truffles into desired fillings (listed below) or dip into melted chocolate using truffle forks, shake off excess chocolate and place n a cooling rack that rests over a parchment-lined baking tray. Chill the truffles just to set them, but then store in a cool place.Pistachio Brandy Truffles
1. Stir a little brandy (about 1 teaspoon into 1/3 of the ganache) into the ganache before chilling, then roll the shaped truffles in chopped pistachios.Orange Truffles
1. Stir a little orange liqueur (about 1 teaspoon into 1/3 of the ganache) into the ganache before chilling, then dip the truffle in melted dark chocolate and place a small piece of candied orange peel on top before the chocolate sets.White & Dark Truffles
1. Dip the truffle in melted white chocolate, then drizzle the truffles with melted dark chocolate. Or, dip the truffles in the dark chocolate and drizzle with white chocolate.