Apple Date Cheddar Muffins
- serves 6
These apple and date muffins with the savoury addition of cheddar are perfect for a snack, brunch, or a coffee break with friends!
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup + 2 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
1 cup Mutsu (Crispin) or Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
½ cup dates, chopped
2 Tbsp brown sugarTo Assemble
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a jumbo 6-muffin tin (or a regular 12-muffin tin).
2. Whisk together egg, oil, milk and sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, sift flours, baking powder and salt and stir into egg mixture.
4. Fold in 1 cup cheese, apples and dates.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Combine 2 Tbsp cheddar with brown sugar and sprinkle on top of muffins at the last 10 minutes of baking.To Assemble
1. Enjoy warm with sweet butter!