1. Place a pan on medium heat, adding a Tablespoon of butter.
2. While pan is heating, chop your apples into small chunks.
3. Place apples in pan, mixing in with butter, and cooking for about 5 minutes until they begin to soften.
4. Sprinkle in apple pie spice and brown sugar, mixing into the apples, then pour 1/2 a cup of water into the pan.
5. Cook until much of the water has reduced, turning into a syrup like consistency.
6. While apple mixture is reducing, cook your oatmeal according to the package directions. I used 1/2 a cup of oatmeal, with 1 cup of water and microwaved for about 2 minutes.
Apple Pie Spice
1. Combine ingredients for apple pie spice into a jar, shaking to combine. If you would rather not use apple pie spice, you could do a simpler version, just using cinnamon.