- prep time10 min
- total time 45 min
Courtesy of Chef Bryan Cruz of The Marc.
6 oz all-purpose flour
1 egg yolk
¾ tsp salt
6 Tbsp cold butter
2 lb(s) apples, peeled, cored and cut into slices
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ cup butter
¾ cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a food processor, pulse the flour and butter until pea-sized crumbles form, add the egg yolk and water and pulse until just combined.
3. Roll into a 1-inch disc, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Roll out the dough, line the tart pan and fill with pie weights (i.e. dried beans). Bake in oven for 25 minutes until golden brown. Let cool completely before filling.
5. Over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the apples, sugar, and spices. Cook until most of liquid is reduced and sugar is nice and caramelized.
6. Pour evenly into shell and let cool.