Asian Noodle Salad
- prep time30 min
- total time 40 min
- serves 6
This salad is complete with thin spaghetti, cucumbers, two kinds of cabbage, kale and chopped peanuts.
You might also like these Dinner-Worthy Salads Without Lettuce.
8 oz thin spaghetti
1 (8-oz) bag carrots julienne/fine-cut carrots (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 (6-oz) bag baby sweet peppers, seeded and sliced thinly into rings (about 1 cup)
1 (4-oz) bag bean sprouts (about 1 cup)
3 English cucumbers, peeled and sliced
3 scallions, sliced
Up to 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
½ head or more napa cabbage, sliced
½ head or more purple cabbage, sliced
½ bunch bunch kale, leaves torn off stalks and shredded
2 cups peanuts, choppedDressing
½ cup olive oil
⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce
¼ cup oyster sauce
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
¼ cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp chopped fresh ginger
2 Tbsp sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti to al dente according to the package directions. Drain, rinse and let cool.
2. Mix together the cooked spaghetti, carrots, peppers, bean sprouts, cucumbers, scallions, cilantro, napa cabbage, purple cabbage and kale. Add the peanuts and toss together.Dressing
1. Whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, sesame oil and garlic in a medium bowl.
2. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix together with tongs or your hands. If the salad seems a little dry, just mix up a little more of the wet ingredients of the dressing and throw it in. It's a very organic process.
3. Transfer to a large platter and serve.