750 g store-bought fresh pizza dough or homemade fresh pizza dough, room temperature
Flour, for dusting
4 strips bacon, cooked until crispy and roughly chopped, fat reserved
1 Tbsp melted bacon fat (from above) or melted unsalted butter
2 cups grated medium Cheddar
1 Gala apple, cored and thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Cut pizza dough into 15 x 2-inch round balls. Brush baking sheet with butter to prevent sticking. Spread balls evenly onto of baking sheet. Brush each ball with butter, cover with plastic wrap and rest the balls aside for 1 hour.
3. After they have rested, place a ball on a flour-covered working surface. Sprinkle the ball with flour and roll out into a 4 inch circle. Repeat with remaining 14 balls.
4. Take 5 pieces of rolled out dough aside. Brush with butter and top with enough cheddar cheese, bacon and apple slices to cover the surface of the rolled out dough. Place another piece of rolled out dough on top and repeat with toppings and dough until you have a three layered stack. Create two more stacks with remaining toppings and rolled out dough.
5. Place the 3 stacks sideways in a loaf pain. Add cheddar cheese, bacon and more gala apples in between the bare dough slices.
6. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until cheese is bubbling. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm or room temperature.
Source and Credits
Recipe courtesy of Allison Day