Bacon, Cheddar & Salsa Dip
- prep time15 min
- total time 45 min
- serves 4-6
Experience a fiesta in your mouth with this dip, layered with avocado, cheese, bacon and colourful salsa.Courtesy of Black Diamond.
½ cup Black Diamond Sharp Cheese Spread
1 cup sour cream
5 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
½ cup red onion, finely chopped
2 tsp red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 lime, juiced
3 tsp coriander, chopped
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1. In a mixing bowl, combine Black Diamond Sharp Cheese Spread, sour cream, and green onions. Set aside.
2. Cut your tomatoes in half and then in half again. Remove the seeds and chop remaining flesh and place in a bowl. Add in the chopped jalapeno, green pepper, red onion, red wine vinegar, and olive oil. Season with cumin, chili powder, and some salt and pepper.
3. In a third bowl, blend the avocado flesh, lime juice, and coriander. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning along the way until it’s just right.
4. Using a square baking dish, start layering your dip: Place the avocado mixture on the bottom, then the cheese mix, followed by a layer of bacon, and top with salsa.
5. Serve with baked nacho chips.