1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in the boiling hot water for 30 minutes and then remove them.
3. Roughly chop them and set them aside.
4. In a small skillet, heat the 1/4 cup olive oil on medium heat.
5. Add the garlic slices and fry until lightly golden, about 2 to3 minutes.
6. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
7. Oil an 8- by 12-inch baking dish with 1 tbsp. oil.
8. Bring the stock to a boil in a large pot on high heat.
9. Season the stock with the 1 1/2 tsp. salt.
10. Add the polenta into the boiling stock in a slow, steady stream, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
11. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
12. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, fried garlic, Gorgonzola, 1/2 the basil and the asiago cheese.
13. Scrape the polenta into the oiled baking dish, cover it with foil, and put it into the oven.
14. After 20 minutes, sprinkle the top with grated mozzarella cheese.
15. Continue baking the polenta 20 minutes longer or until the cheese has melted on top.
16. For a more caramelized top you can broil the baked polenta for 30 seconds.
17. Serve, sprinkled with the remaining basil on top.