Balsamic Chicken Wings
- prep time15 min
- total time 50 min
- serves 4-6
Everyone loves Chuck Hughes' easy to make balsamic chicken wings!
18 chicken wings
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup honey
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp ginger, grated
2 garlic cloves, minced
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
Salt and pepperGarnish
Zest of 1 lemon for garnish
1. Separate the tip from the drumstick by cutting the chicken wings in between the joints.
2. Transfer the chicken to a large sealable plastic bag.
3. In a bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients. Pour half of the marinade into the bag with the chicken, squeeze out most of the air, and seal tightly. Shake the bag gently to distribute the sauce evenly. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
4. Preheat oven at 180 C (350 F).
5. In a large pan on medium heat, sear the chicken wings for about 3 minutes, until golden brown. Continue cooking in the oven for about 30 minutes turning them often to avoid burning. Add the remaining marinade to the pan. On stovetop, continue cooking until the sauce is thick and coats the chicken wings evenly.
6. Serve chicken wings on a platter and garnish with lemon zest.Garnish