Banana Buried Treasure Muffins
- serves 12
3 cup store bought banana muffin mix (750ml)
3 Tbsp wheat germ (45ml)
½ cup grated carrot (125ml)
½ cup grated zucchini, squeezed dry (125ml)
1 cup unsweetened applesauce (250ml)
¼ cup 2 tbsp water or pure apple juice (95ml)
12 banana chips, broken
1. Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
2. Line regular size muffin pan with paper liners or grease pan.
3. In a bowl, whisk together muffin mix and wheatgerm. Add carrot, zucchini, applesauce and water and stir until combined. Do not over stir.
4. Fill muffin cups 0.75 full and top with pieces of banana chips.
5. Bake in centre of oven for 20–25 minutes, until tops are firm to the touch and golden.
Tip: Wrap in plastic wrap for a quick on-the-go snack. Store in an airtight container and freeze up to 2 weeks.