Banana Nut Bread
- prep time30 min
- total time 90 min
- serves 12
Courtesy of Kellogg's® All-Bran®
1 ¾ cup (425 ml) all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp (7 ml) baking powder
½ tsp (2 ml) baking soda
½ tsp (2 ml) salt
½ cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
⅓ cup (75 ml) 2% milk
1 ½ tsp (7 ml) vanilla
1 cup (250 ml) All-Bran Original* cereal
1 cup (250 ml) mashed ripe banana (2 to 3)
¾ cup (175 ml) packed brown sugar
¾ cup (175 ml) coarsely chopped walnuts or pieces (optional)
1. In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Stir in oil, milk, vanilla and All-Bran cereal; let stand.
3. Mash banana; stir into egg mixture. Stir in brown sugar.
4. Stir in dry ingredients, mixing just until combined. Stir in nuts, if using.
5. Spread evenly in 23 x 13 cm (9 x 5-inch) loaf pan, lined on bottom and two longer sides with piece of foil. Bake at 180ºC (350ºF) for 50 to 55 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Remove to cooling rack; let cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan, discard foil. Let cool completely.