Banana Rum Fritters with Chocolate Sauce and Coconut-Rolled Ice Cream
- serves 0
4 Tbsp rum
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
dash of salt
1 cup cold water
icing sugar, for dustingChocolate Sauce
5 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup water
½ cup sour cream, full-fat
⅓ cup sugar
2 tsp rumCoconut-Rolled Ice Cream
¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
6 scoops vanilla ice creamTo Assemble
1. Slice bananas into thick angled slices, about 1/2-inch thick. Toss gently with rum and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pot to 350 F (medium high heat for 8 minutes).
3. Combine 1 cup flour with baking powder and salt. Whisk in egg and cold water until smooth.
4. Dust a banana slice with a little of remaining flour, shake off and dip into batter. Using a pair of tongs, place fritter in hot oil and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove to drain on a paper towel. Cook fritters together, leaving a half inch between them as they fry in the pot.Chocolate Sauce
1. Heat all ingredients except rum over medium low heat, whisking frequently. Cook for 10 minutes, until sauce thickens. Sauce can be served warm or chilled.Coconut-Rolled Ice Cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Spread coconut on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes, stirring once. Allow to cool.
3. Roll scooped ice cream in coconut and keep frozen until ready to serve.To Assemble
1. Spoon chocolate sauce in center of plate. Arrange warm fritters on sauce and place coconut-rolled ice cream just off to the side. Enjoy!