- serves 1
Courtesy of Chef Jesse Morrison-Gauthier of The Common.
1 ripe banana
2 tsp white sugar
1 canned pineapple ring
1 gluten-free chocolate lava cake
2 Tbsp roasted strawberries*
2 oz scoop vanilla ice cream
¼ cup whipping cream
1 maraschino cherry
1 Tbsp icing sugar
1. Cut banana in half horizontally and lightly sprinkle sugar on each half.
2. Using a torch, burn the sugar until it turns caramel and place banana halves onto plate.
3. In between the banana halves, place a pineapple ring in the centre.
4. Slice lava cake in half and place on each side of pineapple ring.
5. Place scoop of ice cream onto pineapple ring and then cover with whip cream and a maraschino cherry.
6. Place a tablespoon of the roast strawberries on the outside of the bananas and the second one on the opposite side.
7. Garnish with icing sugar and serve immediately.
8. *Roasted Strawberries: Cut off green tops of 8 strawberries and cut into quarters. Cook with butter, sugar, 1 cinnamon stick and 1 tsp vanilla extract in oven at 350ºF for 15 minutes or until soft.