BBQ Salmon on a Plank with Foccacia and Grilled Veggies
- serves 4
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 20 minutes
1 Untreated cedar plank
1 red pepper
1 small onion
16 stalks asparagus
2 large mushrooms
Cooking spray (Pam)
1 tsp Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb Seasoning
2 lb(s) (900 g) salmon filets, boneless skinless
1 tsp coarse salt (try kosher)
1 tsp Mrs.Dash Original Seasoning
1 tsp rosemary leaves
½ cup grainy Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp brown sugar
bottle Squirt bottle of water
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 loaf foccacia bread
1. Take out equipment and ingredients.
2. The night before: Soak your plank in water until you are ready to cook with it.
3. When you get home for dinner: Preheat BBQ to med (approx 350º F).
4. Cut pepper and onion into large chunks, heaping into center of veggie basket as you cut.
5. Snap off bottom node of each asparagus stalk and discard.
6. Break remaining asparagus stalks into 2 or 3 pieces and quarter mushrooms. Place all in basket.
7. Spray veggies with cooking spray, sprinkle with spice and place on lower rack of BBQ.
8. Rinse the salmon thoroughly under water, then pat dry with a paper towel. On one side only, smear salmon with the salt, spices and mustard then sprinkle on the brown sugar.
9. Place the presoaked plank on the grill. Close the lid for a few minutes but keep checking until you see smoke.
10. Turn the plank over and place the salmon, rub side up, on top of the plank.
11. Move the veggies to the top rack or on one side of the BBQ with reduced heat. Toss often.
12. The salmon will be ready when it flakes off easily with a fork (approx 10-15 minutes).
13. Squirt the edges of the board if they catch on fire. You will have to keep lifting the lid to check.
14. Drizzle olive oil and vinegar in a small bowl for dipping.
15. Toss foccacia bread on top rack of BBQ for just a minute while serving up the plates.