- prep time15 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 4
Try this refreshing Caesar rimmed with powdered procuitto.
3 slices of prosciutto
1 Tbsp smoked salt (15 ml)
1 tsp peppercorns (5 ml)Lettuce Ice Cubes
1 iceburg lettuce head
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and PepperCaesar
¼ cup of vodka (125 ml)
2 cup tomato juice (500 ml)
Green tabasco, to taste
Worcestershire sauce, to tasteGarnish
1 Tbsp horseradish (15 ml)
1. For the prosciutto rim: Preheat oven at 350 F (180 C).
2. On a baking tray lined with parchment paper, place the slices of prosciutto, cover with another sheet of parchment paper and another baking tray. Cook in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. Using a spice grinder, reduce prosciutto to powder with Smoked salt and peppercorns.Lettuce Ice Cubes
1. For the lettuce ice cubes: Cut the lettuce head in 3 parts. Blanch lettuce leaves in salted boiling water for 1 minute. Remove, drain and place in a bowl containing icy cold water, then drain. Using a blender, reduce into puree with lemon juice and a dash of Green Tabasco. Add a little bit of water if too thick. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into ice cube tray. Freeze for 2 hours or until ready to use.Caesar
1. Rim 4 glasses with lemon juice and the prosciutto mixture. Drop 3 lettuce ice cubes in the bottom of the glass. Fill glasses with 1/4 cup of Vodka, then with tomato juice. Add a dash of Tabasco & Worcestershire sauce.Garnish
1. Garnish with freshly grated horseradish and lemon wedges