Blueberry, Lemon and Brie Scones
- serves 0
½ cup milk
¼ cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cup whole wheat fl our
2 tsp baking powder
¼ cup sugar
½ tsp salt
1 Tbsp lemon zest
1 cup fresh, frozen or dried blueberries
6 oz Canadian Brie, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (210°C) Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Beat the egg and add the milk, butter and vanilla. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the fl our, baking powder, sugar, salt, and lemon zest and form a well in the middle.
4. Pour liquid mixture into the well and mix until well blended. Add blueberries.
5. Divide dough into 12 balls. Place on cookie sheet, flatten slightly and brush with beaten egg mixture. Bake 12-15 minutes or until the scones are well browned.
6. When scones are ready, split and insert a Brie slice in each. Enjoy.