2 cup Robin Hood Nutri-Flour Blend (or 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour mixed with 1/2 cup wheat bran)
⅓ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup ground flaxseed or flaxmeal
1 tsp each baking soda and baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
1 ¼ cup mashed RIPE bananas
¾ cup plain yogurt (2%)
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup chopped walnuts
⅓ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan lightly with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, ground flax, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips, being careful not to overmix the batter.
4. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until wooden skewer inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and cool completely on a wire rack. Slice and serve or wrap tightly with plastic wrap and store at room temperature.
5. Tip: The bananas must be very, very ripe (sweet!) for this banana bread as there’s very little added sugar.