Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies
- prep time5 min
- total time 20 min
- serves 24
These classic cookies are sweet, chewy and full of rich brown sugar flavour.
Scroll down to watch how to make this recipe.
2 cups packed dark brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer (or using a hand mixer), beat together the brown sugar and butter until fluffy. Beat in the vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl after each one.
3. Mix together the flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl. Add it into the creamed mixture in 2 to 3 batches, mixing until just combined. Mix in the oats until just combined.
4. Use your preferred size cookie scoop (or a regular spoon) to drop portions of dough onto baking sheets, spacing them a couple inches apart. Bake until dark and chewy, 12 to 13 minutes. If you'd like a crispier cookie, just cook a little longer!
5. Let the cookies cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer onto a plate for serving.