Brutti Ma Buoni
- prep time1 min
- total time 47 min
- serves 24
Try these delicious Italian cookies made with Toblerone!
4 egg, whites
1 cup granulated sugar
3 Tbsp all purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla
2 cup coarsely chopped Toblerone chocolate
2 Tbsp icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Line 2 rimless baking sheets with parchment paper or foil; grease foil. Set aside.
3. In large heatproof bowl over pot of gently simmering water, cook egg whites with sugar, whisking occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until opaque.
4. Remove from heat.
5. With electric mixer, beat for about 7 minutes or until cool, thick and glossy.
6. Fold in flour and vanilla; fold in chocolate.
7. Drop by heaping tablespoons (15 mL) onto prepared pans.
8. Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown, rotating and switching pans halfway through.
9. Let cool on racks.
10. Sprinkle with icing sugar. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 3 days.)