Bucket of Mud
- prep time1 min
- total time 20 min
- serves 8
This is no ordinary Mississippi Mud Pie, this is a bucket of the good stuff!
Recipe Courtesy of Michelle MacNeil of Charlene's Bayside Restaurant and Cafe.
⅓ cup shortening or butter
1 cup brown sugar
¾ cup flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
3 heaping teaspoons cocoa
½ cup chopped nutsChocolate Pudding/Pie Filling
5 Tbsp cocoa
¼ tsp salt
6 Tbsp cornstarch (heaping)
1 cup white sugar
½ cup cold water
2 cup hot water (not boiling)
1 tsp vanillaAssembly
Brownies (cut small)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Melt shortening, add sugar, then egg.
3. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa.
4. Add nuts.
5. Mix ingredients together well.
6. Pour into a greased 8x8-inch tin. Bake for 20 minutes or until done.Chocolate Pudding/Pie Filling
1. Mix cocoa, salt, cornstarch, sugar and cold water in a bowl. Mixture should flow a bit but not be watery.
2. Add hot water to a pot and whisk in mixture slowly – it will thicken quite fast.
3. Remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Let cool.Assembly
1. Layer cooled chocolate pudding in dish.
2. Drop a layer of brownies (cut small) on pudding.
3. Add a layer of whipping cream.
4. Add another layer of pudding.
5. Place a dollop of whipping cream in centre and surround with more brownies.
6. Toss a handful of pecans and miniature chocolates over top.
7. Drizzle with chocolate and butter scotch topping.
8. You may add as many alternative layers as you wish to this dessert. Best served in a glass bucket.