4 Tbsp (60 mL) olive oil
12 oz (340 g) mixed mushrooms, shiitake, oyster, or cremini, chopped
1 small onion, diced fine
2 clove garlic, chopped
¾ cup (175 mL) Arborio rice
½ cup (125 mL) white wine
1 carton CAMPBELL'S® Stock First™ Chicken Stock
2 Tbsp (30 mL) butter
2 Tbsp (30 mL) Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp (30 mL) parsley, chopped
1 cup (250 mL) spinach, chopped (optional)
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in heavy bottom sauce pot over medium heat and sauté mushrooms, about 4-6 minutes. Remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.
2. Add 2 tbsp of oil and sauté onion until soft, 1-2 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
3. Add rice and stir to coat with oil, add wine and cook until wine is absorbed.
4. Add stock ¼ cup at a time, stirring frequently, adding more as it is absorbed by the rice until all the stock is absorbed; about 30-35 minutes over medium heat. Rice should be creamy in appearance, firm, but not crunchy.
5. Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese, then stir in parsley, mushrooms and spinach. Serve immediately.