- serves 1
Authentic Italian pizza topped with prosciutto cotto, artichoke hearts, cremini mushrooms, black olives and mild salami.
Equipment needed: Pizza stone.
Courtesy of Frank Morra of Via Tevere Pizzeria
4 cup flour (preferrably Italian white flour)
3 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp instant yeast
2 cup waterCapricciosa Pizza
½ cup San Marzano tomatoes, blended
¾ cup fresh mozzarella (preferrably Fior Di Latte), chopped
1-2 basil leaves, torn
1-2 cremini mushrooms, sliced
6 whole pitted black olives
5 artichoke heats, quartered
1 slices prosciutto cotto, torn into bite sized pieces
6-7 slices mild salami, torn into bite sized pieces
sprinkle of Parmesan
drizzle olive oil
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and yeast.
2. Add water. Knead ingredients thoroughly with hands.
3. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow dough to rise at room temperature for 3-4 hours.
4. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into 4 even balls. Cover each ball with plastic wrap and let rest for an additional 3 hours before use.Capricciosa Pizza
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spread blended San Marzano tomatoes evenly over dough.
3. Evenly sprinkle layer of mozzarella over dough and tomatoes.
4. Top with basil leaves, mushrooms, olives, artichoke hearts, proscuitto cotto and salami.
5. Sprinkle parmesan on top of pizza and drizzle with olive oil.
6. Cook for 15 minutes.