Carrot Pear Mini Loaves
- prep time15 min
- total time 40 min
- serves 8
Carrots and pears come together harmoniously in these tasty loaves.
Courtesy of Stacey Mebs, bakeeatrepeat.ca, Sherwood Park, Alta.
1 cup (250 mL) whole-wheat flour
1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
½ tsp (2 mL) salt
½ tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
½ tsp (2 mL) ginger
½ tsp (2 mL) nutmeg
3 ripe pears, cored
3 medium carrots (about 1 cup/250 mL), grated
⅓ cup (75 mL) lightly packed brown sugar
⅓ cup (75 mL) plain Greek yogurt
1 large egg
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Lightly spray 8-loaf mini loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In large bowl, whisk together whole-wheat and all-purpose flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
3. In bowl of food processor, combine pears, carrots, brown sugar, yogurt and egg. Process until well combined. (Alternatively, finely grate pears and carrots and add to bowl along with brown sugar, yogurt and egg; mix well.)
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir just until combined.
5. Spoon batter into prepared mini loaf pan, dividing evenly. Bake for 25-28 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in centre of several loaves comes out clean.
6. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.