Cheese & Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
- prep time20 min
- total time 50 min
- serves 4
Start your morning off by adding some flair to your breakfast with this fun and easy-to-make dish.Courtesy of Black Diamond.
6 eggs, beaten
3 Tbsp 35% cream
8 slices challah or egg bread
1 tsp cinnamon
6 Tbsp maple syrup
8 Tbsp Black Diamond Original Cheese Spread
2 Tbsp Cream Cheese Original
4 Tbsp strawberry jam
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
maple syrup to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, beat together the eggs and cream.
3. Sprinkle in the cinnamon and pour in the maple syrup, then let the egg mixture rest in the fridge.
4. In a second bowl, soften Black Diamond Original Cheese Spread with a spatula and add in the cream cheese.
5. Place 8 slices of challah on a work surface and spread ¼ of the cheese mixture on 4 slices. Spread 1 tbsp of strawberry jam on each of the remaining slices. Create sandwiches pairing one slice with cheese mixture and one slice with jam and press them together.
6. Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
7. Retrieve egg mixture from fridge. Place one sandwich in the egg mixture (let excess drain off), then fry it in the pan gently on both sides and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with each sandwich.
8. Once all are complete, place the baking sheet in the oven for 15 minutes until heated through.