Cheese Dessert Cream with Port
- prep time10 min
- total time 20 min
- serves 6-8
Serve this delectable cheese and port topping with fresh fruit, cookies, cake or waffles.
⅔ cup (160 ml) white port
⅓ cup (80 ml) sugar or maple syrup
2 Tbsp (30 ml) mint, coriander or fresh basil, snipped
1 lb(s) (450 g) Canadian Mascarpone Cheese
1. In a small saucepan, bring the port to the boil and reduce by one third.
2. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Continue cooking for about 2 minutes.
3. Incorporate the chosen herb and remove from heat; let it cool down a little.
4. In a bowl, beat the Mascarpone until smooth. Gradually stir in the port syrup.
5. Serve immediately or refrigerate until you are ready to serve, accompanied by fresh fruit, cookies, slices of cake, waffles etc.