Nonstick cooking spray, for spraying the pan
1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting pan
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp kosher salt
½ cup granulated sugar
2 very ripe bananas
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
1 large egg
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
1 8-oz package cream cheese, at room temperature
⅓ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup sour cream
1 large egg
2. Position an oven rack in the bottom third of the oven and preheat to 325ºF. Generously spray a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray and dust with flour.
1. Combine the cream cheese, granulated sugar, sour cream and egg in a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer until well combined; set aside.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside. Mash the granulated sugar and bananas in a large bowl to a paste. Whisk in the oil, vanilla and egg. Whisk in the flour mixture until just combined.
3. Reserve 3/4 cup of the bread batter. Spread the remaining batter in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan. Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the batter and put the reserved 3/4 cup batter in a line down the center of the pan. Insert the tip of a paring knife into the batter and drag it through and up to swirl 5 to 6 times.
4. Bake until the top is cracked and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then carefully invert onto a platter or cake stand and then flip upright. Cool completely, at least 1 1/2 hours. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve.
Source and Credits
Copyright 2017 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Courtesy of Food Network Kitchen