Chicken Stew on Rice
- serves 4
Ease of Preparation: Easy.Prep Time : 20 minutesEating Time: 30 minutes
2 cup Basmati or White Rice
4 cup Water
3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (1 lb / 450 g)
1 tsp Lemon Pepper
½ tsp Fresh Pepper
¼ tsp Mrs.Dash Garlic and Herb Seasoning
tsp Worcestershire Sauce
3 stalks Celery
3 cup Frozen Broccoli Florets
2 cup Frozen Baby Carrots
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup (10 oz / 284 ml)
1 cup water
1. Take out equipment and ingredients.
2. Combine rice and water in a large microwave-safe pot or casserole dish.
3. Cover and microwave at high 10 minutes, then medium 10 minutes.
4. Let stand until stew is ready.
5. Spray a large, heavy, stove-top pot with cooking spray.
6. Finely chop onions and sauté at med-high heat until caramelized.
7. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and add to pan as you cut.
8. Toss until meat is no longer pink.
9. Add spices and Worcestershire sauce. Stir.
10. Slice celery and mushrooms adding to pot as you cut.
11. Rinse broccoli and carrots in a colander and add to pot. Stir in soup.
12. Add water gradually while stirring.
13. Simmer until hot and flavors have combined.
14. Check to make sure you can poke through a carrot with a fork. Serve stew over rice.