Chili Hot Chocolate
- serves 4
7 cup 2% milk
1 vanilla bean, split, seeds removed and reserved
1 long red chili pepper, split
1 Tbsp chili flakes
3 whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
12 oz dark chocolate, chopped
1 cup 35% cream, whipped with 1 tbsp sugar for garnish, (or store bought whipped cream)
1. Heat milk in a large pot over medium to low heat.
2. Add vanilla seeds, vanilla pod, chili, chili flakes, cloves and cinnamon stick.
3. Stir mixture with a wooden spoon scraping bottom and sides of pot ensuring milk does not burn.
4. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Strain milk into another large pot and warm over medium to low heat.
6. Once milk mixture is hot, add chocolate in batches to pot, whisking to incorporate.
7. Season with a pinch of salt.
8. Ladle Chili Hot Chocolate into 4 large mugs.
9. Dollop whipping cream over Chili Hot Chocolate.Garnish