Chili Poached Eggs
- prep time1 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 4
The classic goodness of poached eggs with the heartiness of chili.
1 tsp oil, vegetable
1 onion, small, chopped
2 garlic, clove, minced
1 pepper, green, or, yellow, chopped
1 Tbsp chili, powder
1 tsp oregano, dried
19 oz tomato, canned
1 cup beans, black, cooked
¾ cup water
2 Tbsp tomato, paste
2 tsp sugar, brown, packed
1 ½ tsp sauce, Worcestershire
4 egg, unshelled
1 Tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped
1 Tbsp coriander, fresh, chopped
1. In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Cook onion, garlic, yellow pepper, chili powder and oregano, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened.
3. Stir in tomatoes, breaking up with spoon.
4. Stir in beans, water, tomato paste, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce, bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. With spatula, shape 4 nests in mixture.
7. Crack 1 egg into each; cook for about 8 minutes or until whites are almost set.
8. Cover and cook for about 2 minutes or until whites are just set but yolks are still runny.
9. Sprinkle with coriander.