Chocolate Bread Pudding with Creme Anglaise
- prep time1 min
- total time 60 min
- serves 0
Deliciously baked chocolate bread pudding coated with easy homemade creme anglaise.
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 Tbsp cinnamon
3 eggs, beaten
6 oz dark chocolate, melted
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
3 ½ cup 35% cream
1 cup homogenized milk
6 cup stale challah bread, cubed (roughly 1 loaf of bread)
2 Tbsp butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate
¼ cup cocoa bean, shelled and choppedCreme Anglaise
1 cup 35% cream
1 whole vanilla bean, split
4 egg yolks
⅓ cup white sugar
1. Combine brown sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, eggs, melted chocolate, and vanilla. Stir in 35% cream and milk and mix until blended.
2. Add cubed Challah bread and toss to evenly coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
3. Pour mixture into a greased 13x9x2” pan. Dot the top with butter, and sprinkle with the semi sweet chocolate and cocoa beans.
4. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until bubbly and golden.Creme Anglaise
1. In a medium, heavy saucepan, heat cream and vanilla until bubbles start to form at the edges. While the cream is heating, whisk together the sugar and eggs until smooth. Once the cream is ready, remove the vanilla bean and pour half of the hot cream into the egg yolk mixture, constantly whisking.
2. Add the mixture back into the remaining milk and whisk. Return the pan to the heat and continue to cook, stirring constantly until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.