Chocolate Griddle Cakes with Cinnamon Peaches
- serves 0
Makes 12 large (5-inch) pancakes and 2 cups of peaches
1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup cocoa Powder
3 Tbsp sugar
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 ⅔ cup buttermilk at room temperature
3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chipsCinnamon Peaches
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
¼ cup maple syrup
½ tsp ground cinnamon
6 peaches, peeled and sliced
1. Sift flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In a separate bowl whisk buttermilk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla.
3. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and stir just until combined (a few lumps are OK).
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Preheat a griddle over medium heat and grease.
6. Ladle batter onto griddle and cook about 3 minutes, turning to cook another 2 minutes.
7. Remove griddle cakes to a plate, cover and keep warm until ready to serve.Cinnamon Peaches
1. Bring butter and maple syrup up to a simmer in a large sauté pan. Stir in cinnamon and peaches and return to a simmer. Serve immediately. (Great over ice cream too.)