1. Preheat oven to 400 F and grease a large baking tray or cover it with a silpat or parchment paper.
2. Unfold two pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Roll each to about ¼ inch thick. Beat the egg with a bit of water, brush over the surface of each sheet, and then sprinkle the chocolate evenly over each. Top each with one of the remaining two sheets of dough and cut each into thirds.
3. Twist each third and place them about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets, pressing down the ends. Brush the twists with more of the egg wash.
4. Bake the twists for about 12 - 18 minutes or until they're puffed and golden brown. Serve warm drizzled with coffee glaze.
1. Stir the coffee into the sugar, adding more, a few drops at a time, as needed. The icing is of the proper consistency when it coats the back of the spoon. Drizzle over warm twists and serve.