Chuck's Crab Cakes
- prep time20 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 8
Restaurant style crab cakes you can make at home, make them with spicy mayo and your family will think it's take out!
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard (15 ml)
2 Tbsp of red wine vinegar (30 ml)
2 cup canola oil (500 ml)
1 tsp Sriracha (5 ml)
1 tsp of salt (5 ml)
Freshly ground pepper
Water if necessaryCrab Cakes
1 ½ lb(s) of crab meat, de-shelled (675 g)
16 soda crackers, finely crumbled
1 tsp mayonnaise (5 ml)
1 Tbsp chive, finely chopped (15 ml)
1 tsp of Dijon mustard (5 ml)
Zest of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp olive oil (30 ml)
Salt and freshly ground pepperNotes
1. Using a blender or food processor, beat the egg with the Dijon mustard and red wine vinegar. Slowly pouring, add canola oil until the mixture will start to emulsify and become very creamy in texture. Add water if necessary to have a thinner texture. Add the Sriracha. Continue to process for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Put aside.Crab Cakes
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F (180 C).
2. In a large bowl combine all ingredients, except olive oil and mix well. Form palm sized cakes and place them on a baking tray covered with parchment paper. In a skillet, heat the olive oil at medium high heat and in batches, fry both sides of the cakes, about 2 minutes placing them back on the baking tray. Place baking tray in oven for 10 minutes. When ready to serve, garnish with a dollop of mayonnaise.Notes
1. You can make a plain mayo (without the sriracha) and keep it for other use. Season with sriracha to taste afterwards.
2. The mayonnaise will keep in the refrigerator for about a week if using fresh eggs.