Chuck’s Margherita and Goat Cheese, Fennel & Sausage Pizzas
- prep time30 min
- total time 70 min
- serves 6-8
Chuck's easy-to-make pizzas are a blast to make and tasty to eat. Makes 2 large pizzas.
1 Tbsp olive oil (15 ml)
1 Tbsp active dry yeast (15 ml)
1 Tbsp sugar (15 ml)
1 Tbsp salt (15 ml)
2 cup of 115-degree water (500 ml)
4 ½ cup flour (1,125 ml)Basic Marinara Sauce
3 Tbsp of olive oil (45 ml)
1 onion, chopped
3 clove garlic, minced
8 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (2 l)
1 bunch of fresh oregano, chopped
Salt and pepperGoat Cheese, Fennel And Sausag
Meat from 4 veal sausages
2 Tbsp of olive oil (30 ml)
1 onion, finely sliced
1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
2 cup soft goat cheese (500 ml)
¼ cup water (60 ml)
Salt and pepper
Arugula as a garnishMargherita Pizza
1 cup marinara sauce (250 ml) (See Chuck’s recipe)
1 Mozzarella di Bufala (Buffalo mozzarella), cut in chunks
1 ½ cup aged Piave (12 months), grated (375 ml)
Fresh basil leaves as a garnish
1. In a bowl combine all the ingredients except the flour. Let stand until the mixture starts to foam, for about 10 minutes. Add the flour and knead until smooth, 5 minutes. Roll the dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.Basic Marinara Sauce
1. In a saucepan on medium heat, heat the oil and sautée the onions until translucent. Add the garlic and continue to cook for a few minutes until taste is infused. Add the tomatoes and cook for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Blend using a hand mixer. Add fresh oregano. Set aside.
2. Take the dough from the fridge and split in 2. Knead and roll each dough ball to the desired shape and thickness, on a floured surface. Drizzle with olive oil.
3. Preheat oven to 500 F (260 C).Goat Cheese, Fennel And Sausag
1. In a pan, heat half the oil on medium high heat and add fennel and onions. Cook until caramelized, about 10 minutes. In another pan on medium high, heat the remaining oil. Remove the meat from the sausage casing and sauté for 5 minutes. Add sausage and a little water with the fennel and onion mixture and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and keep aside.
2. Garnish the pizza with the sausage and fennel mixture. Top with dollops of goat cheeseMargherita Pizza
1. Spread the marinara sauce on the dough. Garnish with the grated Aged Piave and the mozzarella chunks.
2. Bake both pizzas in the oven for about 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
3. For the serving: Garnish the goat cheese, fennel and sausage pizza with arugula and the margherita pizza with basil leaves. Drizzle with olive oil.