Clam and Mussel Linguine
- prep time15 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 2
Perfectly pairs with Beringer Founder’s Estate Chardonnay.
2 Tbsp butter, split
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
½ cup diced fennel
⅓ cup diced leek
¼ cup dried chili flakes
1 cup Beringer Chardonnay
150 g linguine
1. Bring a large pot salted water to a boil over high heat.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium sauté pan, heat 1 Tbsp of butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, fennel, leek, dried chili flakes and cook until soft about 5 minutes then deglaze pan with Beringer Chardonnay.
3. Add linguine to boiling water. Cook until al dente, about 8-10 minutes.
4. Add clams to sauce. Cover and simmer until they start opening; add the mussels cooking down the liquid slightly.
5. Add cooked linguine to the sauce and toss to coat. Add 1 Tbsp of butter and season with salt.
Courtesy of Chef Dustin Gallagher