Classic BBQ Chicken
- serves 0
You might also like these Saucy BBQ Chicken Recipes.
4 lb(s) chicken parts rinsed and patted dry
2 Tbsp fresh oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp olive oil for brushingSauce
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp chopped garlic
1 cup yellow onion finely chopped
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp dry mustard powder
1 tsp Spanish paprika
Pinch of cayenne
2 cup crushed tomatoes
1 cup ginger beer
¼ cup molasses
3 Tbsp Worcestershire
3 Tbsp cider vinegar
1. Preheat grill for direct grilling over medium heat 350ºF (176ºC). Oil grill to prevent sticking.Sauce
1. To prepare the sauce, place the oil in a large skillet set over medium heat, add the onion and garlic. Sauté until onion is translucent. Add all the remaining ingredients and reduce the heat to low. Simmer sauce for 25 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Remove from heat cool.
2. Clean and pat dry chicken. Place chicken on a tray. Season chicken with oregano, salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Place the chicken on the grill skin side down first. Drumsticks and thighs go on grill first, to cook for 5 minutes, then add the breasts and wings. Grill for another 10 minutes, turning pieces once or twice.
4. Brush chicken with the sauce and continue to grill for about another 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Chicken is done when the juices run clear.
5. Remove chicken from grill and tent loosely with foil. Let the meat rest for 10-15 minutes. Serve hot!