Cocoa Banana Bran Muffins
- prep time15 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 12
Courtesy of Kellogg's® All-Bran®
1 ¼ cup (300 ml) All-Bran Original* cereal
¾ cup (175mL) mlk (1%)
1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour
½ cup (125 ml) lightly packed brown sugar
¼ cup (50 ml) cocoa powder
1 Tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
¼ tsp each, baking soda and salt
¼ cup (50 ml) canola oil
3 large, very ripe bananas (reserve 12 thin slices, mash remainder)
⅓ cup (75 ml) semi-sweet chocolate chipsTip
1. In medium bowl, combine cereal and milk. Let stand for about 2 minutes or until cereal softens.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. Add egg, oil and mashed bananas to cereal mixture; beat well. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients, stirring only until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Portion batter evenly into 12 (2½”/6.5 cm) non-stick muffin pan cups, lightly coated with cooking spray. Top each cup with a reserved banana slice.
4. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.Tip
1. These moist, decadent muffins are especially good if eaten while they are still warm from the oven! If you reheat them from room temperature in the microwave oven, they just need about 20 seconds per muffin at a gentle heat setting (medium or medium low).