Coconut Lavender Macaroons
- prep time15 min
- total time 43 min
- serves 14 - 15
These cookies are scrumptious little delights, perfectly served with a cup of coffee or tea.
2 egg whites, room temperature
1 tsp fine salt
1 scant cup sweetened condensed milk, scant
2 tsp vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean, scraped
½ tsp dried lavender buds
1 (14-oz) bag sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Combine the egg whites and salt in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whip on medium-high speed until medium peaks form, 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and lavender buds. Stir in the toasted coconut and mix until combined. Fold in the whipped egg whites in thirds until just combined; the batter will look thick.
4. With a 2-tablespoon scoop, drop the batter onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, spaced 1-inch apart. You will end up with 14 to 15 cookies depending on how loosely you pack the scoop.
5. Bake until the macaroons are golden and delicious, 25 to 28 minutes.