Cod with Dried Tomato Pesto and Pumpkin Seeds
- serves 4
½ cup (125 ml) dried tomatoes in oil, drained and finely chopped
¼ cup (60 ml) pumpkin seeds, broiled and chopped
1 Tbsp (15 ml) capers, chopped
⅓ cup (75 ml) olive oilZucchini Squash
½ cup (125 ml) chicken broth
3 Tbsp (45 ml) butter
4 zucchini squash, finely sliced lengthwise with a mandolin
4 fresh sage or basil leaves, finely choppedCod
1 ¼ lb(s) (675 g) cod fillets
2 Tbsp (30 ml) sunflower oil
1. In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, the capers and then oil. Reserve.Zucchini Squash
1. In a large frying pan, boil the broth and butter, and let reduce to half.
2. Add the zucchini, sage or the basil.
3. Continue cooking while stirring carefully until the zucchini is lightly tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Reserve and keep warm.Cod
1. Place the cod filets on a baking sheet, drizzle with sunflower oil and broil them for about 8 minutes on the upper rack of the oven.
2. Serve the fish with the pesto and accompany with slices of zucchini.