Coffee-Salted, Pan Seared Rib Eye Steak with Cowboy Steak Fry Salad and Smoked Paprika Aioli
- serves 4
Pan seared and butter basted rib eye steaks with cowboy steak fry salad. What’s there not to love?
2 large Yukon Gold potatoes
2 Tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp (5 mL) kosher salt
1 pkg (5 oz/142 g) spring mix salad greens
2 radishes, thinly sliced
1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup (125 mL) P'tit Basque cheese, grated; or alternatively, same amount of grated Manchego
extra virgin olive oil for drizzlingCoffee-Salt Crusted, Butter-Ba
4 bone-in rib-eye steaks (8 oz/227 g each)
¼ cup (125 mL) extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
2 clove garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp (15 mL) thyme leaves, finely chopped
2 Tbsp (30 mL) ground coffee
1 Tbsp (15 mL) smoked sea salt
1 tsp (5 mL) freshly ground pepper
½ cup (125 mL) unsalted butter
4 sprig thymeSmoked Paprika Aioli & Assembl
½ cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
1 tsp (5 mL) smoked paprika
1 Tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
1. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 6 wedges.
2. Stir together oil, salt and pepper, then pour onto potatoes and toss well to coat.
3. Place potato wedges on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake in 400 Fahrenheit (204 degrees Celsius) until golden and fork-tender, about 20 minutes. Let potatoes cool to room temperature. Just before serving, toss potatoes with salad greens, radishes, tomatoes and cheese and drizzle with a little oil.Coffee-Salt Crusted, Butter-Ba
1. Whisk together oil, mustard, garlic and thyme leaves and brush on both sides of rib-eyes. Let rest 15 minutes to marinate.
2. Stir together coffee, smoked salt and pepper, then sprinkle evenly onto both sides of marinated rib-eyes. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, melt butter and add thyme sprigs.
4. Working in batches if necessary, pan sear steaks for 3 minutes per side for medium-rare doneness, basting with butter in skillet for the last minute.Smoked Paprika Aioli & Assembl
1. Stir ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. To Plate: Place pan-seared rib-eyes on warm dinner plates, spoon on a little aioli and top with cowboy steak fry salad. Serve immediately.