2 cup couscous, cooked
½ cup Feta cheese, crumbled
¼ cup dried blackcurrants
¼ cup Cerignola olives, finely chopped
1 Tbsp liquid honey
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 small red onion, diced (approximately 1/2 cup)
1 lemon, zested and juiced
salt, to taste
30 grape leaves, blanched
extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Place the couscous, feta, blackcurrants, olives, honey, pepper, onion, lemon zest and half of the lemon juice in a medium sized bowl and stir until well mixed. Add a pinch or two of salt if needed; it should be salty enough from the olives and feta.
3. Lay out grape leaves on a large cutting board or clean surface, vein-side up.
4. Place a large spoonful (approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons) of the couscous mixture into the centre of each leaf.
5. Fold the bottom portion of the leaf over the filling to gently seal.
6. Start to roll the leaf forward, tucking in the sides as you go (like rolling a mini, leafy burrito).
7. Place into a medium-sized baking dish, pour remaining lemon juice over top, drizzle with olive oil and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
8. To serve: Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with lemon slices and finish with another drizzle of olive oil. Serve warm.