Crab Stuffed Avocados
- serves 0
1 ½ Tbsp Spicy Sambal or favourite hot sauce (23ml)
½ cup mayonnaise (125ml)
3 Tbsp fresh chopped chives (45ml)
2 tsp honey (10ml)
1 ½ lb(s) lump crabmeat, picked over for shells (680g)
3 ripe avocados
1 dash salt and pepper to taste
2 limes juiced
1 bunch watercress rinsed and dried, separated onto 6 plates
3 limes halved
1. In a medium bowl combine the sambal, mayonnaise, chives, honey and crabmeat. Mix until well combined.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Halve the avocados and remove the pits (hit the centre of the pit with a large knife and twist the pit ¼ turn and pull out). Using a large spoon, separate the flesh from the skin, keeping the halves as intact as possible.
4. Lightly brush both sides of the avocado halves with limejuice.
5. Season the flesh with salt and pepper.
6. Fill the avocado halves with the crab mixture and place one with each serving of watercress. Squeeze the juice of half of a lime over the greens and avocado before serving.